Role Description: Senior Database Administrator for Oracle database systems. The candidate should be comfortable supporting production support and project delivery work in an 24x7 and Agile environment. The selected DBA will be expected to support basic administrative installation and maintenance support in addition to complex maintenance operations and delivery support. The candidate should be self-driven, innovative, have excellent communication skills, be dependable, be action oriented, and have effective problem-solving skills. The candidate will work on projects supporting one of the country’s largest utility providers. Work is dynamic, broad in scope, and fast paced. The selected candidate will be joining a team of DBAs who are driven, open to sharing, and are tightly knit.
• Install, patch and maintain all Oracle software
• Tune all Oracle instance components including SQL and PL/SQL
• Approve all production schema changes and follow the change management processes.
• Approve changes to database design as per the defined process.
• Control all migrations of Oracle schema objects
• Design and implement a backup & recovery system
• Implement Oracle failover technology
• Knowledge of Data guard and the Disaster Recovery setup and testing
• Sound Knowledge of Golden Gate set up, performance optimization and monitoring.
• Golden Gate extract and replication jobs restart and data sync up for lower environments.
• Participate as member of Application Delivery/Support Durable Team
• Implement monitoring that allows proactive measures to be taken minimizing system downtime
• Gain solid understanding and knowledge of the Outage Management Systems so that backend tuning and monitoring is most appropriate and effective
Required Qualifications: Bachelor's degree in Computer Information Systems, Computer Science or a related discipline and eight years’ experience. Job-specific knowledge, skills or abilities: 1 - Experience with Oracle 11/12, RAC, ASM, Data Guard, and OEM, performance tuning, RMAN, and experience administering Oracle and UNIX. 2 - Highly qualified candidates have experience with APEX, Exadata, Golden Gate, and patching.